Tuesday, July 1, 2008

7/1/08 - Tuesday

I feel much better today. I won't take evening meds in the AM again. There are conflicting goals today: Make it to Cimarroncito early to climb, go slow, and leave late so the boys (including the adult boys) can shoot. The solution seems to be to redistribute the load so we can go faster. A couple of scouts offered to carry some load if I need it. A cool pleasant morning today with the promise of a better hike.

At Cimmaroncito. Much easier hike. A truck hit Jeff H's pack while we ate lunch at the Gulch. I'm lying down. The driver was kind of a jerk. Minutes later, the back country director came driving by and we told him. Hopefully Jeff will receive some compensation because his pack is bent.

I think my exhaustion yesterday was caused by taking evening meds in the morning or perhaps I had a cold. Perhaps it was lack of sleep on that sloped camp site. Whatever the case, I didn't give away any more weight but I am much stronger today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Philmont was a life changing experience, and I plan on never going back there again. Just Kidding.