Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Reunion


We had our troop crossover campout earlier this month. It is the time the webelos attend a campout with the troop for the first time. We build a bridge out of wood we find around the camp site by lashing it together and then after the crossover ceremony, we burn it all in the camp fire.

I announced at a couple of meetings leading up to the campout I would be bringing grub and invited our crew for a reunion. All but Eric, Jonas and Danny made it. Those 3 all had some obligation. The rest of us enjoyed grilled steaks. I'd go back in a heartbeat, but I'd be more assertive about picking a shorter trek. As I reread some of my comments from the diary I kept on the trail, I recall it was tough but it was one of the best things we ever did. The photo is of 6 of our 9 crew members after our steak dinner. Exactly the same stuff we ate on the trail. Yeah. Right. ;)

No comments: