Monday, June 22, 2009

It's been a year!

Well, it's been one whole year since we arrived in Cimarron, NM for our trek. Today, I was grabbing lunch and I picked up a cup a soup and noticed I forgot to grab ice for my water. Water without ice. When was the last time I had water without ice? Well I certainly remember doing without ice for 10 days this time last year.

We were cleaning out the garage for our annual all-sub garage sale last weekend and we stumbled upon several water bottles. Two had colored duct tape on them to indicate they had gatorade "smellables" and had to be kept in the bear bag. One still had purified water from the trail at Philmont. My son dumped out the purified water before I could stop him. If I'd had more time to think, perhaps I might have suggested looking at it under a microscope to see how many little bugs were swimming around a year after purification.

So here I sit in a cube farm eating a sandwich and drinking cup a soup and lukewarm water wishing I was purifying water back on the trail at Philmont...

No comments: